Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Into the Great Wide Open!



Terminator 2 Judgement Day is my favorite film of the Terminator franchise. Terminator 2 debuted in theaters in July, 1991 and stars Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton and Edward Furlong. My favorite scene in this movie is when John Connor (Edward Furlong) is being chased by the Terminator driving a truck. The ending to the truck chase scene ranks up in the top of my all time favorite action scenes. I first saw T2 when I was around 10 years old, so it had been out for a few years before I actually was able to watch it. To this day, I still have T2 on tape...

What is your favorite Terminator film? Check out the car chase scene below!

(Please click on link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htpL9i5WSp4


The kid in the picture above looks like a sweet, charming, young man. There's only one problem. Junior is a Problem Child! Problem Child 2 debuted in July of 1991 and quickly became a must watch film for me growing up. I personally liked the first one better, but the second film is just as good. I remember having both the first and second film on VHS. That tape still exists, in some dark, lonely box in my attic. Big Ben (Junior's Grandpop) is my favorite character!


Got a Problem with Problem Child 2? Yes? No? What did you think of the film?










The very first album I ever owned, R.E.M's "Out of Time" debuted in 1991. R.E.M. was the first band I actually liked. "Radio Song", was my favorite song off the album. Today, I may not be as big of a fan as I was when I was younger, but R.E.M. still has a special place in my heart.





Tom Petty rocks! And so does his "Into the Great Wide Open" album that debuted in 1991. My favorite song off the album is of course "Into the Great Wide Open!". Great song! Did I mention Tom Petty rocks?

Due to copyright issues, please click on the link below to hear the song! It'll remind you how much Tom Petty rocks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivXDLaGZNlc


Check back soon! The next three blog postings will be special editions. One will focus on Nickolodean television shows I grew up with, the second will feature Kidsongs and the third and final posting will be the long awaited Christmas edition! Thanks for visitng, if you don't feel like leaving a comment at the very least please check back! More Nostalgic goodness to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!