Sunday, December 13, 2009


After a busy week, I've finally got the time to make a new blog posting. Today's posting will discuss and look back at several Nickelodeon television shows that aired during the late 80's and early 90's. Go grab a cup of coffee, get comfortable and enjoy a trip back in time. A time when living life was all about having fun!



Hey Dude was one of my favorite Nick shows when I was growing up. Hey Dude first aired on 1989 and focused on a group of kids on a fictional ranch. I remember watching Hey Dude while I eat dinner as it often aired around 5:00 PM. I also remember having a crush on the "blonde" girl on the show, who would later turn out to be Christine Taylor (the blonde girl from the Dodgeball movie with Ben Stiller).

Check out the old Hey Dude intro theme song below! It's been awhile since I heard this tune!





Anyone who was a child growing up in the late 80's and early 90's will remember another great Nickelodeon show, Salute Your Shots. Opening with the very catchy tune, Salute Your Shorts first aired in 1991 and focused on a group of kids at camp. I remember Salute Your Shorts airing right after Hey Dude, which made my night that much better. One of my favorite characters on the show was Donkey Lips. Unless you've seen the show, you probably have no clue who I'm referring to...

We run, we jump, we sing and play....





Next up is one of the scariest shows I remember watching as a kid. Are You Afraid of the Dark is a Nickelodeon show that aired from 1991 to 1996. The show focused around a group of kids would we gather by a fire and tell creepy, ghostly stories. I remember Are You Afraid of the Dark airing during the 9:30 PM slot of Nick at Night which aired on Saturday nights from 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM. Me and my brother would sit down to watch Nick at Night every Saturday night.

Even today, I still love watching this show. Here's my favorite episode, with Bozo the clown!!





When I was a kid, I used to love animated shows as well. One of my favorite animated shows was Doug. Like Doug, I used to have a crush on a girl at school. I often would watch Doug for tips on how to impress the girl I liked. On the television show, Doug had a crush on a girl Patty. Doug was a great show until it got moved to the Disney network. Sadly it was not the same at the Nickelodeon Doug and I ceased watching it. But before Disney ruined Doug, Doug was a great show!

I'll probably remember this song until the day I die...





Rocko's Modern Life! A show made for adults but aired to kids. Rocko's Modern Life was very entertaining when I was younger, but watching it today it is even more entertaining. As a kid, I was not aware of the hidden sexual innuendos that were on the show. I'll leave it at that, check them out for yourself...

What do you think, are these intentional innuendos or just coincidence?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!