Wednesday, December 16, 2009

All goood things must come to an end....

I'd like to begin this final blog posting by thanking my visitors. Although there's not many of you, the ones who do show up to view my blog are very much appreciated! This will likely be my last blog posting of 2009. I plan on doing an early blog in 2010 (look for a posting around January 10th-15th, 2010). The next blog posting will likely be music oriented. Remember When those one hit wonders were actually hits? We'll take a trip back in time, and visit bands like Eve 6, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Nirvana and many others! It's sure to be another great edition! Again, thanks to my classmates for checking out my blog! Have a safe and happy holiday!


Boston Public was a show that got retired before its time . Boston Public first aired in 2000 and ran until 2004. The year 2000 also happen to be the first year of high school for me, so this show was of great interest to me. Although my high school was a bit more peaceful (not by much), the show often had realistic plots, mostly having to do with the difficulty of running a public high school on Boston. My appreciation for teachers (and professors) went up dramatically after watching the show. It's a shame it ended only after four years. If you did not get the chance to watch this show, I'd advise trying to find it online.

Watching the opening theme song, it feels like this show just ended its run yesterday....




April 20th, 1999 will live in my memory for the rest of my life. I had just got home from school when I turned on the television to see news reports of a school shooting in Colorado. The following few hours I watched the horror unfold in front of me. I felt both sadness for the students killed and anger towards those responsible. I was just about to enter high school the following fall so my head was filled with thoughts of "this could happen anywhere". Recently, reports were released that showed the two shooters actually were not "bullied" at all. They represented the epitome of evil.

I have provided a link to 911 tapes of a teacher who was in the school library. Chilling stuff....





Billy Madison is one of my favorite education comedies! Starring Adam Sandler, Billy Madison features SEVERAL one liners that will remembered for decades to come. One of my favorite quotes is where the principal at the end of the movie remarks on Billy's (Adam Sandler's) answer to a question.

"Principal: Mr. Madison, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Clearly this film is genius, at least in my opinion. It's also one of Adam Sandler's better films. Great film! If you have not already seen it, I suggest you check it out!

Best clips of the movie can be seen in this video provided by a YouTube user.





Family Matters is and always will be one of my favorite television comedies. I remember first watching it when I was about 10 years old. My favorite character was Carl Winslow, with Waldo Faldo being a close second. The show is a perfect mix of comedy and each episode has a moral. It is a shame this show ended, but it will surely live on through reruns!

Carl Rocks!



Thats a wrap folks, its been a nice run these past couple of months. Wrap up this blog and open it after the new year. I'll be back as the great Arnold once said...

Happy Holidays, Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!