Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Those Wonder Years....


Whatever you do, do not say his name three times! Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice! Then he shall appear to cause comedic havoc wherever he goes. And no, I am not talking about the sidekick featured on the Howard Stern Show. The year 1988 saw the release of the very funny (and creepy) film BeetleJuice, directed by Tim Burton starring a young Michael Keaton. When this film first came out, I was a bit too young to have been watching it (I was 5 in 1988). A few years later however, I saw the film for the first time. My first reaction was "oh there's the mom from Home Alone!" I was reffering to Catherine O'Hara who starred in the original Home Alone film. As much as I hate to admit it, this film creeped me out when I was a kid. The creepiest part of the film was when Beetlejuice turned into a snake. Nasty! Anyways, if you have not seen the film I suggest renting it. You may like it, you may hate it, but you've got to experience Beetlejuice at least once...

Best part of the movie!!







I have to admit, the idea behind the next film I'm going to talk about is genius. Now here is a film that scared me as a young kid. His name is Chucky, and he is a good guy doll. The only problem is, he wants to kill me and YOU! In 1988, the world was introduced to the bloody wrath of Chucky, a killer doll who is possessed by the spirit of a madman. Yes, this film scared me as a kid. Although I did not have any dolls, I knew other kids who did. One of them even had the actual "good guy" doll. Every time my friend would pull out the doll, I would tell him it was going to get us! Of course, my parents tried to keep me from watching the film, but I had friend who had the movie and we often watched it only to be scared out of our minds. Looking back at the film today, its fun to watch but nothing more.

Have you seen Child's Play? Yes? No? Feel free to drop a comment on what you think of the film, and if your my age (24), drop a comment on how this film effected you growing up. Look its the mom from 7th heaven!





Critics hated it! I loved it! Does Mac and Me sound familiar? Probably not, but if you've seen it, your probably a fan just like me! When I was about 7 or 8 years old, my parents rented a film for me called Mac and Me. I remember not knowing what to expect as my mom told me I was going to "enjoy" the film she rented. Mac and Me is a feel good film about an alien and a young boy. Yes I know, ET was the same thing but Mac and Me had its own unique qualities. I have not seen this film in years, so I hope NetFilx has this movie in their stock. For now though, I'll have to settle for watching the trailer to this film. Check out the trailer and I take no responsibility for the sudden urge to eat McDonald's....

Have YOU seen Mac and Me? What did you think? Drop a comment to let me know!





I'm sure everyone reading this blog (and even those not reading this blog) have seen this television show at least once. It's safe to say that "The Wonder Years" was probably one of my favorite none-Nickelodeon television shows growing up. For those who have not seen The Wonder Years, the show centers on the life of a young boy named Kevin who experiences life growing up during the late 1960's and early 1970's. The show is awesome and I love watching it even today! I remember wanting to be like Kevin, I even wanted my own "Winnie" too.. I got my own "Winnie" today, only she's a blond...LOL

What did you think of The Wonder Years? Love it? Hate it? Leave a comment to let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!